10.12.11

Fundraising for MAYU - the Fight for Ecuador's Rivers


medicinebleu Films is raising funds to develop a short documentary film on the work of Mr. Matt Terry and his ten year-old non-profit organization, the Ecuadorian Rivers Institute. Matt Terry has devoted his entire existence and all his energy to advocating for the responsible development of Ecuador's water resources. He lives modestly in Ecuador, is respected and appreciated by the local people, and does not rest even to raise much needed funds for the continued fight against unregulated development and destruction of Ecuador's rivers. It is our hope that, with the production of MAYU, our documentary, we will be able to garner new support for Matt and the Ecuadorian Rivers Institute, as this is surely a deserving and worthy cause. 

Ultimately, this film will give viewers the opportunity to see, hear, and experience the unique beauty of Ecuador and its water resources. Simultaneously, the film will spread the word of the ERI’s struggle to an international audience, renewing hope for continued advocacy for local communities, ecosystems, and waterways whose voices are all too often dampened by the roar of industrialism and unregulated development. 

I will continue to contribute to the realization of this project by traveling with the filmmakers through Ecuador and serving as interpreter and translator throughout the journey. To get myself to Ecuador, I need a little help. If you can support me in my effort, please consider giving to my travel fund (see the PayPal widget above this post). If the MAYU project receives its full funding by January 6, and if I receive my travel funding (a sum of $1200) by the same date, we will make this film happen and we will share this story with the world. If MAYU's Kickstarter fundraiser falls short of the $11,000 goal, I will put all donations to my travel fund toward that goal.  If my contribution is not enough to bring the project to fruition, I will return all of my travel fund donations to my supporters immediately.

Please consider supporting MAYU and the Ecuadorian Rivers Institute in the following ways:
· Go to the MAYU's fundraising page on Kickstarter and pledge what you can to help bring the film to fruition.
· Consider helping me fund my way to Ecuador to serve as interpreter and translator for the filmmakers. 
· Pass this letter to people who might be able to contribute to the project fund.
· 'Like' the ERI on Facebook and encourage your friends to do the same.

Thank you for supporting the fight to preserve Ecuador's river resources, the Ecuadorian Rivers Institute, and independent filmmakers like medicinebleu. Please contact me with any questions or comments you might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment